How to use this site.
We don't know real dates of when Microsoft will talk about things they are working on. So yes, we often off for dates as Microsoft change plans or something new unusual happens as NDA extension for example. We don't know Microsoft market strategy from the heads of their top-3 Xbox managers. Insider is a tech guy and always think Microsoft will show that to public as soon as developers sample stuff to other developers.
We have our lives and try to spend as little time to this blog as possible. Just to let real Xbox One fans know real truth. There is no reason for us to made info up as many think. We can understand why it is so. And we accept that because at the end everything major will be unveiled as truth. We can be wrong at some terms and sometimes at digging Insider info as he often gives tips and directions to dig only. You can trust "Insider:" only and read careful every word he says. He often says "not 100 sure", "talks i've heard" to show that is not verified peace of information but still interesting to know story circulatin inside developer community.
But the main idea will be still right. For now main idea is - Xbox One is 2014-2015 tech and is 2-3 more powerful than PS4 at minimum. Connect the dots of what Microsoft say(no it is not PR only) and what developers started to say as some NDA expires.
Be aware of lie and brainwash of Sony propaganda since 2005. They will fight till the end. Over promise and under deliver. 1.8Tf console(PS4) is still 1.8Tf console while top GPUa are 5-6TFs. They often show CGI first and downgrade later. Don't believe Sony trailers as real until actual gameplay to be seen. Sony constantly use this trick.
Also their other tricks are specific game design only PlayStation exclusives use:
- narrow corridor games with low draw distance(Uncharted, God Of War, Last of Us), That all need less power for the system to render.
- open-world games with low draw distance(InFamous).
- games with static cameras(Beyond, Heavy Rain).
- less objects and details on screen to render (GT5).
All thous tricks need 30-40% less power to render. Comparable Xbox 360 games look much better. Compare for example Uncharted which consist 95% of corridor levels and some of Halo 4 corridor levels. Night and Day.
- tech demos that combines all the tricks. Tech demos will never end to real games with such visuals in real time on PS hardware.
- cutscenes with better assets as real-time gameplay(Uncharted).
New trick invented this generation:
- make image quality lower but be sure to hit 1080p
- say it is 60fps even if it is hitted only 30% of time
- make a deal with publisher your version will be better (Witcher 3 dev confirmed there is thous type of agreements in the industry, insider told that 3 years ago)
3rd party or MS 1st party developers don't use thouse tricks as there is no need to brainwash gamers and show "superiority" of the hardware. Even on the start of Xbox One and PS4 when Microsoft DX12 is not ready and resolution is slightly better on PS4 Microsoft don't lie and brainwash. While Sony agains invented new tricks.
So if we see "actual gameplay" logo in trailer from Microsoft - it is.
If we don't see "actual gameplay" logo from Sony - it could be fake/downgraded or pre-rendered cutscene.
This E3 will be interesting to count "real" gameplay trailers from Sony.
Major posts about Xbox One tech(read everything and make your own conclusion)
List of major Insider predictions (<--- click this link )
|2.||Next Gen War Scores Dashboard - a key statistics about who and how are winning next gen right now (Now it is: Sony 5:3 Microsoft).|
|3.||True history of current generation of video games 2003-2011.|