Mistercteam: CBOAT is Neogaf.com moderator EKIM. Fraud disclosed. Here is CBOAT gate story in more detail:
1. Many thread is started by this guy called EKIM. Then there is some huge news started on neogaf by CBOAT himself about leaked valve source2.0 engine
2. Someguy ask ekim why the CBOAT link is actually from his (ekim) dropbox.
3. Then mod removed all evidence from that guy asking ekim.
4. Then ekim deleted his reference to cboat dropbox
then the thread is also edited
1. CBOAT made new thread on neogaf.com with Valve's source 2.0 pictures.
He also made this story to support CBOAT can be trusted:
2. Neogaf user xPaw posted this info in that thread:
(click to enlarge)
xPaw: "CBOAT's image is http://i.imgur.com/wHGvHxQ.jpg, if you go to http://imgur.com/wHGvHxQ
you will see "from: api.viglink.com", clicking on it leads to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0/U
Also, this guy is from Germany, folks at valvetime confirmed that the ukuuku guy is also from Germany."
A link to this post here(from google cache as it is deleted now)
MIsterx: Note user ukuuku from where CBOAT posted his pictures in first thread post.
3. All information about CBOAT = EKIM had been deleted by neogaf.com moderators very quickly.
Link to this page now: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.p
4. EKIM also try to delete all info linked to ukuuku account.
Misterx: What does it mean?
1. That means that CBOAT (one of 3 main Microsoft haters on internet that sets the tone for all others MS haters) is neogaf.com moderator EKIM. The other 2 are @thuway and @mortimortier. Neogaf moderators created CBOAT to spread a lie about Xbox.
2. That means that EKIM have links with VALVE because leaked pictures of Source 2.0 are real(well people say they are 3 years old).
Could that mean part of Microsoft hate on neogaf.com is managed by VALVE? Many neogaf users started to wonder if CBOAT is Gabe itself or not? :)
3. Also that means that CBOAT is used as provocator. When he get info about Microsoft's Xbox minor problems he spread them to maximum level as a big problems. That set the tone for many "journalists" and fans over the internet (their motto: attack Microsofts minor weak points for massive damage).
4. That means that whole neogaf.com is used to spread hate on Microsoft. Well we here know why is it so. Microsoft outplayed all their competitors and they try to save their sales by lie and brainwash because they know they could not complete with Microsoft, People will choose Microsoft at the end because of games, value and features when all the Xbox One 2014 tech will be unvealed.
Ekim explained his version of what happend.
- He was CBOAT's source for this leak.
- He appologized to VALVE for leak.
- He edited links not to be tracked his edentity as CBOAT source.
What does it change?
- A little. CBOAT still neogaf's mods weapon to spread FUD about Xbox. They protect CBOAT as holy grail. There had been tons of similar cases about leaked identify and mods did nothing to protect other people. Why they protect CBOAT identity only? Why they do actions on Xbox fans they don't on Sony fans? Why almost every good opinion about Xbox One leads to ban? Why Sony fans bad opinions only allowed?
There is two versions for everyone to choose.. But no version denies the fact that CBOAT is fake insider And that is the main story of all of this. And that is a great news for all Xbox fans as the truth got its way up.
I don't beleive Ekim. I hope EKIM got his lesson how to deal with CBOAT - a fraud neogaf moderators use to spread lie about Xbox.
MIstercteam: Anyway whoever use that cboat nickname it is cleary is multiple user. And now the CBOAT image is going down with this and it is clearly cboat is not industry insider in real sense and cboat is more about method to stir the perception of
X1 lately. And neogaf also will have bad rep about this.